“ Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop – Ansel Adams
- Learn to use my on camera flash (have been trying to do this several times, but always ended up giving up the whole thing).
- Learn to edit my images ‘manually’, that is, avoiding to rely on actions and plugins too much.
- Start building up a portfolio of images to submit to Arcangel Images. This sounds pretty fun. Need to create moody images, LOTS of them. Arcangel mainly sells to mystery book publishers. On the learning side, I think this will force me to setup shots in my home using my light tent and my tungsten lights – or even my external flash… We’ll see.
Books to read:
- Ed Verosky’s 100% Reliable Flash Photography ebook. Looks really ‘to the bone’ and that’s ok with me. I have (almost) no clue on how to use my external flash…
- Neil Van Niekerk’s book On Camera Flash Techniques for Digital Wedding and Portrait Photography.
- At least one of David duChemin ebooks.
Well, that’s all for now. I will post updates on the blog. Wish me luck!